Vienna Cathedral Choir
Interested in joining the Vienna Cathedral Choir?
We are looking for committed singers with choral experience who are willing to rehearse regularly and who would enjoy playing their part in providing the music for a Sunday service at St. Stephen’s Cathedral about once a month.
For further information please contact
The Vienna Cathedral Choir is made up of ambitious amateur singers. The choir focuses on liturgical compositions of the Viennese tradition. The choir also stages concerts in which large oratorios and choral works are performed.
The weekly rehearsal with the cathedral’s Director of Music, Markus Landerer, takes place on Fridays from 7.00 - 9.30 p.m. in the Curhaus at Stephansplatz 3.
Depending on the number of available places, the option of individual vocal training with Petra Chiba and Rita-Lucia Schneider is available.
- Bach: Christmas Oratorio, St. John Passion and St. Matthew Passion
- Beethoven: Mass in C major, Missa solemnis
- Brahms: A German Requiem
- Bruckner: Mass in D minor, Mass in E minor, Mass in F minor, Te Deum, Missa solemnis
- Dvořák: Mass in D major, Requiem, Stabat mater
- Fauré: Requiem
- Gounod: St. Cecilia Mass
- Handel: The Messiah, Dettingen Te Deum
- J. Haydn: The Creation, The 6 Great Masses
- M. Haydn: Schrattenbach Requiem
- Kodály: Missa brevis
- Liszt: Missa coronationalis, Via crucis
- Mendelssohn Bartholdy: Elijah, Hymn of Praise, St. Paul
- Menschick: Missa Te Deum laudamus
- Mozart: Requiem in D minor, Vespers, all Mass-settings
- Rheinberger: Missa St. Crucis in G major, Cantus missae
- Rossini: Stabat mater
- Schubert: all Mass-settings
- Verdi: Messa da Requiem
- Vierne: Mass solennelle C sharp minor
- Widor: Mass in F sharp minor